Royal Earlswood

Details
Hospital Name: Royal Earlswood Hospital
Previous Names: Earlswood Asylum for Idiots, Royal Earlswood Institution
Location: Royal Earlswood Park, Redhill
Principal Architect: William Bonython Moffat
Layout: Corridor Plan
Status: Converted to housing
Opened: 5th July 1855
Closed: 31st March 1997
Previous Names: Earlswood Asylum for Idiots, Royal Earlswood Institution
Location: Royal Earlswood Park, Redhill
Principal Architect: William Bonython Moffat
Layout: Corridor Plan
Status: Converted to housing
Opened: 5th July 1855
Closed: 31st March 1997
History
External Photos
We have no external photos of this hospital.
Internal Photos
We have no internal photos of this hospital.
Records/Info
Records
Hospital records are currently held with Surrey History Centre – https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/a/A13531418
Burials/Cemetery
We have no information to suggest there was an onsite cemetery. Patients were most probably buried at Redstone Cemetery nearby.
Leave a Reply